Grade 6 & 8 Tournament Rules
All Grade 6 and 8 PYSA Fall Invitational Tournament games will be played under the 2018 Essex County Youth Soccer Association (ECYSA) rule book with the following exceptions:
1) Game length and overtime
- All Regular games are 25-minute halves with ties standing
- All Playoff games are 25-minute halves
- All tie games in semi/final round playoffs at the end of regulation time will go directly to PK’S (no overtime) per FIFA Rules
2) Points shall be awarded as follows:
- 3 points for a win
- 1 point for a tie
- 0 point for a loss
3) Point ties will be broken as follows:
- Head to head competition
- Fewest goals allowed
- Net goal differential (Maximum 3 per game)
- Most defensive shutouts
- Coin Toss
4) All teams playing Monday will receive medals.
5) At the end of each round robin game each team will pick one player from their opponent's team for a Sportsmanship medal. Applies only at Grade 6 and Grade 8.
- In all four team groupings - 1st place team will play 2nd place team in the finals on Monday.
- In all five and six team groupings - The teams with the three highest point totals will advance to Monday. On Monday, the first place team will draw an initial bye. The 2nd place team will play the 3rd place team in a semifinal. The winner will play the 1st place team in the finals.
- In all eight team groupings the top 2 teams in each sub-grouping of four will make the semifinal games. The #1 team in the top grouping will play the #2 team in the bottom grouping and vice versa. The winners of each game will play in the finals.
7) All teams and players are required to check in at the tournament table 1/2-hour before the start of their first game on Saturday, and before each game on Monday. (Coaches please check in your entire team at once).
- A food stand will be on site. Please encourage your parents to use it.
- First aid is provided. EMT’S have the authority to bench a player because of injury.
- Home teams are responsible for providing alternative color game shirts or pinnies in case of color conflicts. First team listed for each game will be considered the home team.
|The Tournament Committee and Essex county referees in charge will decide on play in case of inclement weather and field conditions